Hey there, bow friends!
It’s time for monthly favorites again! Because of the busy hustle and bustle of the month, I don’t have many beauty picks. The month of June is going to to be the month of exploration. I’m going to have no fear and put on whatever makeup I want. I know I can do that any time of the year, but I’ve grown lazy..ahem. Anyways, let’s get on with them!
- Mac Face and Body in C4 – This is my base of choice right now. Complete honesty, I love it. Because of the weather, it’s hard to wear, but I do it anyways. I’ve been travelling back and forth from beau and home a lot and this is so easy to throw in my bag, slap on, set, and go. If you want to know more (with swatchy swatches too) I’ve just done a post on it!
- Old Navy Round Sunnies (similar) – Because of the lack of makeup in my life recently, I’ve been hiding behind shades. I absolutely love round sunglasses and these are so comfortable. I feel like a celebrity hiding from the paparazzi when I go out – in a good way.
- Batiste Original Dry Shampoo – This product is raved about on YouTube and on blogs. For some odd reason I was always skeptical about trying it and recently bought the travel size to lessen my load for my trips. This is probably my all time favorite dry shampoo. It doesn’t leave a white cast besides the original powder coming out. I just work it into my bangs with my hands or my brush and I’m good to go.
- Essie Polish in Bond with Whomever – I do like to have my nails polished, but I’m not nails obsessed. Recently though, I’ve bought sooo much polish it’s crazy (expect a post soon!). This shade is one of my most recent essie buys. I love the cool, deep lavender shade as I think it’s the perfect purple for summer. I think I’m going to put it on today.
- Frozen Blueberries – I know what you’re thinking, “Are you mad? That’s not a beauty product.” I love them too much to not include. This weekend at beau’s he asked if I wanted frozen blueberries. I crinkled my nose at the thought, but said okay anyways. Oh my goodness. Frozen berries are the best. I find I don’t scarf the whole bowl down quickly and it’s such a refreshing treat. I’ve been freezing my own in containers for on the go snacks. I tried frozen blackberries too which are also grade A.
- Covergirl Lash Blast Fusion Water Resistant Mascara in Black – I’ve never been much into Covergirl mascara, but I was in need of a new one and thought I’d give one a shot. I love the wand on this and the way it totally gives my lashes life. I bought the water-resistant version in order to keep my lashes curled longer and it does prolong the curl a bit. My one beef is that even though it’s water-resistant, if my eyes water even a teensy bit I become the raccoon-eyed heroine from a music video by some emo-punk boy band. Not exactly waterproof. (PS in the UK you can find this same mascara as MaxFactor’s False Lash Effect).
- Neon Twistbands – When I first saw these I thought they were some kind of gimmick. My best friend left one at my house one day and I was in need for a hair tie so I decided to give it a go. Ohmyglob they are perfect. They are totally ouch free and don’t pull and tug on the hair. I tried using a traditional hair tie a few days later and got a massive headache. I love that these add comfort to my top knot.
- Maybelline Baby Lips in 10 Peppermint – Let me start with the fact that I’ve used this so much I just had to repurchase it. I haven’t exactly gotten on with any of the tinted baby lips unfortunately, but I love the formula of them. This one is my lip savior. I keep it in my bag at all times and love how smooth and moisturized it makes my lips. It wears nicely under lip color as well. I can’t get enough.
And that was that! In the next few weeks I’ll be posting a ton. I have been posting more frequently, but I just have soooo much to talk about! There’s been a lot of drugstore releases I’m so excited for. I can’t wait for you to see!
We shall talk soon!
-Tara Joy ❤